applications are now open!
We are looking forward to the greatest summer yet at Silver Birch Ranch and would like to invite you to be a part of it! Won't you join us as God changes lives and builds His kingdom through the exciting ministry of Christian camping?
What are the requirements?
Applicants must have a dynamic (seeking and obeying) relationship with Jesus Christ, and a strong desire to serve Him in the camp setting.
Applicants must have completed 9th grade or beyond, however, during Family Camps and camps beginning Aug. 11th, we will consider those who have completed 8th grade.
Have You Applied to Volunteer in the Past?
If you haven't volunteered in the past, please continue reading for details on serving at camp.
How do I apply?
IMPORTANT: If you submitted a volunteer application last year, use that same Username and Password, as there are some completed fields in your application that will carry over from last year. If you don't remember your username or password, select the option to retrieve them on the login page. Use the button above to apply. Please, do not create another account.
If you are a new volunteer applicant, you will begin by submitting an application via our online site by clicking the button at the bottom of this page. You can apply for one, or more weeks. Please establish a Username and Password. This will be different from any Username and Password you may already have established to register for camp events.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the week(s) you are applying for.
Plan to dedicate 30-45 minutes to this process. You will need to provide the following information in order to complete your application:
- your testimony
- if you applied in previous years, this will carry over, provided you log in with the same Username and Password
- you will be asked to provide an update for the last year
- the name, phone number and email address of someone who will provide a reference for you (not a family member)
- information to complete the medical form: insurance information, physician information, emergency contact, medical issues, medications, etc.
- the dates and positions you are available to serve (see below for the description of the various positions).
SUMMER VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
POSITIONS AVAILABLE DURING ALL SUMMER CAMPS:
- LIFEGUARDS - Duties include all water activities: beach, skiing/tubing, kayaking, river rafting/tubing, and specialty breakfasts. Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid certification required.
- CHALLENGE COURSE - You will be involved with the running of the climbing wall, zip-line, Leap of Faith, as well as the archery and BB gun range. Training will be provided for all activities. Any experience is welcome, but not required.
- KITCHEN - Help with food prep and assist kitchen staff. Includes all aspects of food service. Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- WRANGLERS - Work consists of grooming, feeding, and taking care of the horses, as well as leading trail rides. Previous experience with horses is preferred.
- DISH ROOM/DINING HALL – Wash and put away dishes after each meal. Maintain cleanliness of the Dining Hall.
- CANTEEN - Sell items at and clean the Canteen, Coffee Bar and Trading Post, and may rotate into the Craft Room.
- HOUSEKEEPING - Help maintain the physical properties of Silver Birch Ranch which involves cleaning and supplying everyday needs.
- MAINTENANCE - Help maintain the physical properties of Silver Birch Ranch, consisting of garbage runs, maintenance projects, and other camp needs.
- TECH - Assist with the technical needs of the summer program, i.e., photos, videos, sound, and presentation. Experience in these areas is helpful but not required.
These positions require a willingness to work where needed and as needed. Skills can be learned on the job (except Lifeguarding). These summer volunteer positions are key to the ministry of SBR.
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE DURING YOUTH CAMPS ONLY:
- NURSE/DOCTOR – Provides medical support, distributes medications and gives first aid to campers and support staff, and makes data entry of medications and care given. We are looking for LPNs, RNs, PAs, NPs, EMTs or MDs. Requirements; CPR Pro, First Aid, must be 18+ years old.
- COUNSELORS/ASSISTANT COUNSELORS - Main responsibility is to demonstrate God's love for campers and aid the campers in taking the next step in their spiritual journey. Counselors must be 18+ years of age. Assistant counselors must be in high school and at least 2 years older than the group they are counseling. Please read the Counselor Manual before requesting to be a counselor.
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE DURING FAMILY CAMPS:
- YOUTH GROUP DIRECTORS/YOUTH GROUP ASSISTANTS - Provide an age relevant program that displays the love God has for children and fosters an environment where children can take the next step in their spiritual journey. Various age groups from 0-17.
What happens after I've completed the application?
Once you submit your application, we will send a request for information to your reference via email. (We will not review any applications until the reference request is completed.)
When your reference responds, we will review your application. We will communicate the outcome via the email address you indicated on your application.
If you are accepted, the email will include the assignments and weeks you have been accepted, as well as other important information, such as how to request transportation, if needed. If you don't hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, send an email to email@example.com.
Please note, transportation for volunteers is only available during specific weeks, and those weeks will be indicated on the application. We are unable to facilitate finding transportation for volunteers during other weeks.
One additional request:
If you are able to do so, we are again asking you to partner with us to cover the cost of your meals while you are here at camp. The suggested amount is $50.00 per week, and you can pay when you arrive, or when you confirm your volunteer week(s). If you are unable to partner with us financially, please partner with us by praying for the volunteers and campers who will be here this summer. Your acceptance to volunteer is in no way contingent upon your ability to contribute toward meals.