Summer Staff (Paid)
Thanks to all who applied for Summer Staff positions.
Decisions will be finalized by April 10 and all applicants will be notified.
The Summer Staff program is more than a job; it can be life transforming. In addition to your job duties, you will be challenged in your spiritual walk through small group interaction specifically designed to help you take the next step in your relationship with Jesus. Special attention is paid to helping you hear God's call for your life. Come grow, change, and serve with us on the Summer Staff Team!
The goal of the Summer Staff program is two-fold. We use the ministry environment of Silver Birch Ranch to teach and develop the next generation of Christ-following leaders while providing summer programming for local churches to use to further their youth ministries.
Silver Birch Ranch allows many different opportunities for those in the program to learn and develop the skills needed in leadership. Summer Staff members are placed in positions of leadership and many will lead crews of volunteers in daily work details.
Through training, combined with hands-on experience, Summer Staff members learn valuable lessons about leadership and the responsibilities that come with it. All Summer Staff members will be cross-trained as counselors in addition to your primary position. Counseling re-assignments will be made as needed on a weekly basis.
- Applicants must have a dynamic (seeking and obeying) relationship with Jesus Christ, and a strong desire to serve Him in the camp setting.
- Applicants must be high school graduates.
- No one who has been convicted of child abuse can work at Silver Birch Ranch.
- These positions begin on 5/31/2017 and end on 8/11/2017. Staff members available through 8/18 will receive additional compensation.
- Summer Staff members are expected to stay for the entire ten-week period. Any exceptions must be approved in advance.
All positions are paid $210.00 (pre-tax) per week, plus room and board. Summer Staff pay is distributed in a lump sum at the end of the summer. Summer Staff members may also raise support. A support packet with sample letters and ideas is available upon request.
Applicants should read and understand the Student, Summer Staff and Volunteer Manual and Doctrinal Statement of Silver Birch Ranch before completing the application. Click HERE to view these documents.
How do I apply?
Submit an application via our on-line site by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: If you submitted a volunteer application last year, please use that same Username and Password. If you don't remember your username or password, select the option to retrieve them on the login page. Please, do not create another account.
If you are a new applicant, please establish a Username and Password. This will be different from any Username and Password you may already have established to register for camp events.
The final day to submit an application is March 1. Applications submitted after that date may not be considered.
Plan to dedicate 30-45 minutes to this process. You will need to provide the following information in order to complete your application:
- your testimony
- the name, phone number and email address of someone who will provide a reference for you (not a family member)
- information to complete the medical form: insurance information, physician information, emergency contact, medical issues, medications, etc.
When your application is submitted, we will send a request, via email, to the person you listed as your reference. Applications will not be reviewed until we receive the completed information. Please inform your reference to check for an email from Silver Birch Ranch that needs their attention.
Conditional offers for Summer Staff positions will be made by April 1. Department Directors (or their appointee) will contact selected candidates by phone. Candidates who accept the conditional offer will have one week to complete and submit their Background Release Form. A successful background check is required for employment (only candidates with negative results will be contacted again). The final Summer Staff positions will be posted by April 10th. Applicants who are not selected to a Summer Staff position will be notified by email and are welcome to apply for volunteer positions.
Please do not call the office to check on your status – you will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 1st
- Staff Director (Boys' & Girls') Oversees the summer volunteers. Lives in volunteer housing, coordinates daily devotions, organizes daily meetings and staff activities with co-Staff Director, and provides support for volunteers.
- Program Works directly with campers, counselors and staff in all program areas. Responsibilities include facilitating games, meals, Chapel sessions, Family Camp youth groups, and leading Bible Hour.
- Cook Prepares food for meals and/or outside events and is trained to supervise a shift.
- Program Kitchen Prepares all off-site meals and child-care snacks. Also assists in preparation of meals in the kitchen.
- Dishroom Supervisor Helps maintain the Dining Hall. Duties consist of washing dishes, cleaning the Dining Hall, and overseeing the dishroom volunteers.
- Canteen Services Duties include the daily running of the Canteen, Coffee Bar, Trading Post and Craft Room, along with the oversight of the volunteer staff.
- Challenge Course You will be involved in facilitating and maintaining SBR's Challenge Course. You will be trained with the skills necessary to run the climbing wall, zip-line, Leap of Faith, and the archery/BB gun range. Challenge course and archery experience is welcome, but not required.
- Office Duties include reception tasks, answering and directing phone calls, data entry, and mail distribution. Assist with Youth Camp and Family Camp registrations. Experience with Word and Excel is required. This position is typically combined with some housekeeping duties.
- Maintenance Oversees maintenance crew. Duties include garbage runs, painting, raking, and other maintenance/grounds-keeping activities.
- Housekeeping Oversees the housekeeping crew. Duties consist of cleaning cabins, meeting rooms, doing laundry, and supplying toiletries.
- Tech-Audio Duties consist of running sound, recording messages, and presenting slides and videos for Chapel sessions, as well as uploading messages.
- Tech-Photo Duties consist of taking pictures of camper activities, creating photo DVD's, printing cabin pictures, and uploading pictures.
- Tech-Video Duties consist of taking video of camper activities and creating week-in-review videos.
- Lifeguard Oversee total waterfront operation including; whitewater rafting, tubing adventure, swimming and boating and specialty breakfasts. Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid certification required.
- Wrangler Duties consist of barn maintenance and cleaning, haying, leading trail rides, providing riding lessons, and preparing specialty breakfasts. Female wranglers may also counsel for Riding Adventure.
- Health Care Provides medical support, distributes medications and gives First Aid to campers, and makes data entry of medications and care given. Requirements: CPR Pro, First Aid and healthcare/school experience. Call Brad Ellis at 715-484-2742 x232 for additional requirements.